Monday, December 17, 2007

Tagged - very original title, I know

Well, I've been tagged by Brookey-pants. Apparently, I have to share 6 honest things about myself. I was prepared to divulge way too much information about myself, but I might not... Because I did give a sneak preview to a friend, I will still include that very honest item, but this might not be as deep as I planned at first.

1. I am going grey. That's right, I've got grey hairs. They're mostly above my ears and I think they're cool. It's really weird to think that hair just suddenly doesn't have pigment in it and I'm so fascinated by it that sometimes spend literally minutes in front of the mirror looking for them. And sometimes plucking them out.

2. I'm a Tori Amos fan. Yeah, I think she's rad. I have most her albums. I'd even go to a concert if I didn't think the proximity to angry chicks might have a sterilizing effect on me. In the mean time, her albums will have to suffice.

3. I wonder if I fool people into thinking I'm smarter than I am. I like to use big words, learn new stuff, and I'm good at trivia. But I think I've also got a way to sound smarter than I really am. Here's an example. I'm in a book club called The Smarty Pants Book Club, or SPBC for short. They read books like Middlesex, Man's Search for Meaning, The Power of One, Education of a Wondering Man, and The Audacity of Hope, to name a few. I only read bits and pieces of those books. Don't get me wrong, I would read the whole thing, but I think I'm into fiction a little more than all these grown-up thinker books. I need a break from them every now and again.

4. I have no winter shoes. I have some boots for serious snow, but no winter shoes. As a semi-related note, I don't currently have brown dress shoes or a brown belt. Or a nice black or grey jacket.

5. If I like you, I will probably emulate some part of you. For example, I call inanimate objects and intangible ideas "guy" thanks to Brookey. Like talking about CDs, I might say, "I like that band. Put that guy in the CD player." I also cuss a little more around my older brother because he says a lot of swears. And I sometimes use this weird voice when being sarcastic, because this guy at work does and I think he's funny. I also do heel clicks at nearly every social gathering where Christy is present. (Don't feel bad if I didn't reference you. If you're reading this, most likely there's something about you that I blatantly copy.)

6. I text WAY too much. My worst phone bill had over 2000 texts in a month. Don't worry, I have a plan with unlimited text and picture messages. my most recent bill had only 936 total messages. See, I'm getting better.

Don't you feel so informed about me now?? I'm going to tag Jason, Wendy, and Jenni (with two Ns), because they don't post as often as they used to and come ON guys...

5 comments:

Haley said...

Hooray for going gray! I thought I was going gray more and more rapidly because I kept finding gray hairs, but after a few pluckings of them I realized that it's the same hair I keep plucking over and over again. Silly, huh? I found it the first time as a missionary, so I blame the mish.

By the way, thanks for being so nice to me Garrett. Just thought I'd say that.

Christy said...

Yay! Garrett blogged again! And here's to heel clicks...they make everything more fun!

caron said...

It's good to see a new blog up, Garrett! Hooray!
I think you should have bore your soul. But it's the internet, so I guess you do have to be careful.... I imitate people, too. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it. And I have habits I picked up from people so so long ago that I don't even talk to anymore. It all goes back to the possibility that there isn't an original thought left in the world.

musicgirljen said...

I also imitate people - parts of my laughing style are copied from various friends from high school, I use the word Fabulous all the time now thanks to a former coworker... I've even picked up facial expressions from Alicia Silverstone in Clueless. Fabulous movie ;-) I like it though, it helps me remember them. It's the sincerest form of flattery, right?

I need some nice brown shoes, too.

musicgirljen said...

BTW, I just noticed that you spelled grey with an E. Nice! I thought I was the only one.