Monday, December 14, 2009

That dentist clean feeling!

I don't care for it.

I know almost everyone hates the dentist. I'm not particularly fond of going. But some people like getting their teeth cleaned. They like the running their tongues across clean teeth, the deep clean feel, all that. I don't like it.

I have very sensitive teeth. I don't like how they feel after the cleaning. I like the clean feeling, sure, but my teeth are super sensitive, my gums hurt from the constant pressure and scrapping, and I can feel my teeth the rest of the day. You know, because you can't usually feel your teeth. I can just see all 3 of you that read this licking your teeth now, trying to feel them, but you know what I mean. Your teeth are just there. Most the time, you don't feel them. After going to the dentist, I feel them and they sorta hurt. I don't like it. Even if they ARE super clean.

So screw you, dentists. Me and my sensitive teeth don't like you.

(yes, I also have one cavity, so I'm bitter about it. On top of it, it's because a seal in an old filling is gone. Stupid, crappy dentist and his shoddy filling seal work...)

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I like going to the dentist. As long as I don't have a cavity. If I do, I'm not thrilled. But I love the clean teeth feeling. I love the scraping and all. I don't love them asking questions when I'm just trying to get my teeth clean.

Jessica Sorensen said...

I am married to a dentist and hate the dentist. I would rather give birth than go to the dentist that is how much I despise the dentist.

em said...

The thing I don't get about getting your teeth cleaned is why they floss after scraping every surface with that metal tool. I know what you mean about feeling your teeth all day, that is true. I think our dentist we had as kids messed us all up. That Dr. Fuller.

Katey said...

I heart the dentist and that clean feeling! It's one of the best ever and I find it unfortunate you don't feel joy with the smooth cleanness! Sorry about your darn cavity. That's a bummer! :(

Maren said...

I'm RIGHT there with you Garrett! SCREW all the dentists! Maybe even with the real swear word! I HATE THEM!

NO freakin' wonder I have dreams my teeth are CONSTANTLY falling out! Get them OUT of my mouth!! *sigh*

Thanks for "letting" me rant!

Hayley said...

p.s. i'd like to mention that the dentist has changed... so the shoddy work isn't the fault of the current dentist. it just might make things a little better ;)