Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What if you wrote a book...

Let's say you heard about this thing where you try to write a novel in a month. Not so much based on quality, but on quantity--you just need to get the words on paper/file. You have to write 50,000 words (about 175 pages) in a month. That's about 1,667 words a day, every day, for all of November.

What would you write about?

Do you already have some story in mind, and you've never taken the time to write it? Is there something completely new, or some idea you've never expanded upon to use for this challenge? Seriously, what kind of book would you write, and what would you write about?

...and let's say I decided to do this thing. What do you think I should write about? Would you want to read all 50,000 of my words? For context, my last post was about 580 words. I'd have to write just over double that each day...

4 comments:

Hayley said...

so many texty sizes. :)

i would love it. you should do it. i know you can do it!

i will of course read it!

rebekah said...

do it! do it! do it!

I'm going to do it this year and we can have word wars! it'll be so much wordy fun!

I usually just start with a situation and some characters and I never know whats going to happen until i sit down and write it. It usually sucks when I do finish, but it's a story with an ending and that's all I care about when november 30th rolls around.

garrett said...

So how do we have word wars? I registered on the site and all... do you ever go to the meetings and stuff? I don't think I want to. I'm nervous and kind of excited!

Krista said...

I would read both of yours! DO IT! I'm only really encouraging you because it sounds like it would be fun to read, but not do. But since you seem interested then you should do it so i can read it. :)