Saturday, November 17, 2007

For your surfing pleasure...

I waste way too much time on the internet. And I'm hoping to drag you all down with me! Here are some fun sites I visit basically to waste time. I'll give the website and how I found it.

Homestarrunner and Strong Bad Emails. I'm not sure the exact person that introduced me to this wonderful site, but it's a good time! I'm pretty sure it was at USU. I also got my favorite grammar song from this site. "OOOHHH, if you want it to be possessive, it's just I-T-S, but if it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's I-T-apostrophe-S! ...scallywag." Thanks, Strongbad!



Angry Alien - 30 Second Bunny Theater. This site is awesome. I can't remember where I found this one either, and I'm not sure if I found it at SUU or USU, but here ya go. Haven't you always wanted to see bunnies re-enact movies in 30 seconds? Well, now there's a website and on-demand cable channel that will let you realize that dream!



Happy Tree Friends. Definitely not for the faint of heart. This cartoon features cute little forest animals that end up in very sad, very gory situations. Brains, blood, guts, and other cartoon violence, not suitable for young audiences. But it's heck of funny. Mark introduced me to these guys at USU. The short entitled "Eye Candy" is one of my favorites. As is "Class Act." Enjoy!

The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Pretty self explanatory. Robin introduced me to this one, when she created a blog post with a few of the pictures featured on that site.


I can has cheezburger? I'm almost ashamed to admit this one, because guys shouldn't think pictures of cats are funny. But this is a great site. I found this one as a link on Jeni's blog. This site was inspired by the photo to the left there, and people have been sending in pictures of their cats and other animals with funny captions ever since.


PostSecret. This one is very interesting. The guy who runs the site, named Frank, describes it as "...an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." This one I found on Carona's blog. I'm intrigued by the idea behind it. This guy have even written a few books that have all these secrets that he gets. He goes on tours and talks about the rhetoric of secrets, why we keep them, and what it can mean to people to finally share them. It's very interesting. The guy posts new images of postcards he gets every Sunday. Some people email him with a few comments now and then, and some of those are posted, too.

Big-Bunny. This one was introduced to me by my friend Hollie. Big Bunny is a giant pink bunny that lives in the forest and likes to tell stories. He has a very deep voice, has trouble using contractions, and uses adjectives like tasty, crunchy, and delicious when describing animals and children. Three friends found him when going into the forest to find their dog that ran away. Not surprisingly, they never found the dog and Big Bunny said he had never seen the "fluffy, crunchy puppy." There's only 7 cartoons, but they're pretty good. My favorite is episode 5 when Big Bunny tells a story about a red squirrel. Big Bunny's creator also made a site called Muffin Films and Making Fiends. Both are pretty awesome. (And Robin has a link to Making Fiends on her blog. Excellent taste, Robin!)

Toothpaste for Dinner. I found this one on my own, surfing the web. Funny stick-like cartoon guys. Sometimes they say naughty words, so don't say I didn't warn ya.

And that's it. Or better said, that is where I am going to stop because this is entirely too long and I'm starting to realize I need some human contact... So what fun sites do you visit? Where do you go to kill time when sitting in front of your computer?

5 comments:

musicgirljen said...

Glad you like the I Can Has Cheezburger site!

Wow - I thought Strong Bad was awesome before, but he is now officially my hero. The misuse of its vs. it's, and actually the general overabundance of apostrophes these days, is seriously one of my pet peeves! (Sorry - I know this isn't the grammar post...)

Robin said...

Teen Girl Squad is one of my favorites, ever. Why is it not on your list? It's not only for teen girls, you know. Issue 12 is the best.
Thanks for introducing the 30-second Bunny Theater. I had seen the "It's a Wonderful Life" one before somewhere, but I didn't know they did all those other movies. I will be enjoying them shortly.

garrett said...

Sorry about not including Teen Girl Squad! They're awesome! I actually have a Teen Girl Squad bumper sticker on my computer tower. Maybe one day I'll write a blog entry about the rhetoric of bumper stickers and why I think they have lost popularity since about the beginning of the 80s, but my computer tower is a great place for stickers. I do have window decals of Strongbad, The Cheat, and Trogdor on my car windows though...

caron said...

I barely have time to catch up on my regular blogs! I will have to check these out, though. And that post secret just seriously intrigues me! I remember learning about the strange things that people will do if they can remain anon in psychology.

Bonny said...

i remember watching strongbad emails with college buddies back in the day. that was a lot of fun. I wonder if i would still find it funny now...
Thanks for the reminder.
i agree with robin...TGS is awesome.