Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh, Tenenbaum!

The day before Thanksgiving, I bought a Christmas tree. A pre-lit fake tree from Target. I've never had my own Christmas tree. Last year, one of my roommates duct-taped some Christmas lights around the front door and top of our sliding door, but that's about as much decoration as I've had before now. So as you can imagine, I was very excited.

Well, I got the tree with my sister and had to leave it at her place. I planned on getting it on Thanksgiving day when I went back to her house for Thanksgiving dinner. Then I ended up taking chairs and a table back to my mom's house, so I didn't have room to put it in my car. Then I was going to get it on Monday, but it snowed. Then Tuesday, I went to the TSO concert (thanks so much, Jenni! It was freakin' awesome. I'll post about that later). So I got it from my sister's on Wednesday, but went to dinner with some friends. I told myself not to forget to take it out of the trunk so I could put it up the next day, and the bulbs wouldn't break in the freezing cold outside. As you might guess, I did forget it and left it in the trunk and didn't realize it until later at work. When I got home Thursday, I took the tree out of the trunk and wanted to make sure I got the thing put up before going to laser tag for a friend's birthday (another post for a different day).

I have to say, I'm getting excited for Christmas! The TSO concert really got me in the mood, and now I have a Christmas tree!!! As you can see from the pictures (one with the light on, one with the light off), it doesn't have any ornaments or decoration just yet, but that's coming. Two of my wonderful sisters offered to decorate my tree for Christmas. I think it's their way of giving me that family Christmas feel, since I'm one of the last single folks left in the family.

So merry Christmas!

P.S. I know I've been slacking on the posting... I might have a bunch more in a row the next few days.

4 comments:

caron said...

Oh, it looks so festive! My parents collect manger scenes and christmas trees, so I was well stocked the moment I left for college.
PS, speaking of chairs, do you still have mine? Those green ones we used for the canasta party? (Hmmm, canasta) I need them back... sometime.

Bonny said...

I'm happy for you and your tree!

garrett said...

Thanks! I'm really excited. My sisters are coming over tonight to decorate it. I'm really excited!

P.S. Caron, I do still have your chairs... as you can see in the far right of the Christmas tree photos... I'll do my best to ge them to you soon! Have a party or something and I'll bring them... this time for sure.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!