1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? No way. I went on plenty of dates, including every single dance since I turned 16m but never seriously dated anyone. That's a waste of time in high school
2. WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? A '85 Chevy Cavalier. All my older brothers and sisters drove it before me. We affectionately called it "the lawn mower" because it sounded like one.
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Heck YES I did!!
4. WHERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? Sorta... I kinda crossed lots of click boundaries, but didn't get too crazy. I was still a band geek, after all.
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Nope. I came across as more of the funny, friendly guy.
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Totally a band geek. I even learned to play bari sax my senior year so I could play in the Jazz Band. I was in Wind Symphony, Marching Band, and the Pep Band, too. And I loved every minute of it.
7. WERE YOU A NERD? Sorta. I was more an overly confident, outgoing spaz than a nerd.
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? No way man. Unless you count Marching Band as a varsity sport. And you should. (I've got facebook flair to prove it.)
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? Nah.
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Hells yeah!!! "Fight, fight, fight, for West Jordan High and Vic-tor-y!...."
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? ....hmmmmmm... Mrs. Leyva, the band teacher for sure. Other great influences included Mrs. Glightly my English teacher my junior year and Mr.
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? All over the place. I moved around a lot. Most the time it was with people in band, though... sometimes even in the band room.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? West Jordan High School
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Jaguars. Black, blue, and White. (lets go, lets fight.)
15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Like I said, I went to every dance... I don't remember who I went to Homecoming with... I'd have to check Mom's scrap books for the dance pictures.
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? That depends. Would I go back and do it again as the person I am now, no... If I did it again as the teenager I was, sure. I didn't hate high school, I'm just past it now.
17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? Being checked to make sure I had clothes on underneath and didn't have a knife. I also remember the speaches were kinda boring. And my hair was a matted mess after.
18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? I don't remember... But what I do remember is one time a bunch of us ditched an assembly to go play Golden Eye at my house, then my dad came home early and I told him there was an optional assembly and they let us leave early for it... I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it but he was cool about it, especially because we said we were going back to school right then. I'd like to say we did go right back to school because we felt horrible for getting caught, but really, we went to another guy's house and kept playing... I guess that's my confession. Sorry, Dad!
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? Besides band? No. Who has time for more clubs after band?
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Definately. But I'm trying to lose it
22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? Yep. It's next year, actually.
23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Oh yeah. Like most Ward children, I worked at Shopko. I was a Customer Service Specialist in Housewares.
And that's it!!! I tag anyone who reads this. I'm usually very nice about not tagging anyone, but if you make it this far, then you're tagged. Take THAT!