Monday, August 23, 2010

Doesn't everyone know like 30 realtors?

Just very quickly, I can think of three. And that's with my pregnancy brain. But seriously, doesn't everyone know at least one Realtor? I can't imagine that cold calling actually works in the world of real estate...

Well, apparently our phone number has finally gotten on some list that Realtors can buy for cold calling. And I'm COMPLETELY sick of it. Because they're suddenly calling a zillion times a day. No, really, there have been 12 calls from Realtors in one day, from 7 to 5. Half of them ask for Mr. Jones, another half ask if Hayley Jones lives here (I always say no), and the other half (...add that up...) are confused when I answer, "This is Garrett." because this number is my home office line. And I'm annoyed, because it IS my home office line, and I don't need the constant interruptions, especially when I'm about to make my third conference call of the day!

I put our number on the DNC registry now, so don't worry. But in the interim, it's going to be annoying, getting all these calls. Anyone got any funny ways I can answer when a Realtor calls me? I'm all for messing with cold callers.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

wait, why no snowflakes and telephones? :) hehehe. it did take a while for me to figure that one out.

you smoke cracker, you.

i think you should answer the phone barking. cause if one of those sonsabitches wakes me up... so help me. between the realtors and the 417-7007 ass - i'm ready for phones to be all turned off!

tiburon said...

When I was a kid I used to fake cry and tell them my parents were dead. It was cruel - but they took me off the list...

Chelsea said...

When I was little and those pesky cold callers would get me on the line, they would ask for my mom and I would say something to the effect of, "I am not allowed to give my mom the phone if this is a solicitor, so what do you want cause I don't have any more bleach to clean up the blood?!?"