- Mikey's little cry is cute to me. His screamer cry is sad.
- We weren't prepared for him to not be a giant. We have billions of clothes for him, once he gains a few pounds, but for now, we're doing laundry all the time.
- I'm pretty good at changing a diaper, I think...
- I'm even better at swaddling.
- When Mikey is really upset, if you lift him strait up high a couple times, he seems to like that and calms down.
- I am having all sorts of paternal instincts. Sometimes, I dream I'm holding him, and when I wake up cradling my pillows under my face, I get a nervous jolt that I'm using him as a pillow.
- I have also had some pretty crazy and graphic dreams where he was seriously hurt. In on of those dreams, I beat a man bloody and I think I killed him... I'm not a violent person usually, but this guy seriously hurt my baby boy and even in my dream I couldn't stop myself.
- I like to hold him when he sleeps. I should probably let him sleep in his bed--and I usually do--but it's fun to hold him.
- I like to watch Hayley hold him. It's nice just looking at the two of them.
- I like looking into his little eyes. He lifts his head up and looks around A LOT. I wonder what in the world he could be thinking. "do you dream about Jesus or quantum mechanics or angels who sing lullabies?"
- Hayley is the best. I am getting pretty good sleep. But I do try to help out when I know she just needs an hour or two to stay sane.
- We're pretty happy around here.
books read in 2015
1 year ago