Friday, October 5, 2007

Knickknackery


If you can tell me where the name, "knickknackery" comes from, you get ten bonus points.

As many of you may know from the mass email earlier this week, Brookey and I have decided to start a little blog where we can post, read, and comment on various creative works from all sorts of people... maybe even YOU! What does this mean for you? Well, I know a bunch of people out there who like to write. Be it poetry, short stories, whatever, I'm sure you've all written something. I know I have, and I've wondered if it is any good. As stated in my last blog entry, I have a slight fear of finding out the truth, but this site will help me overcome this weakness, and will give anyone else with the knack for writing the opportunity to share their creative works as well!!!

We want to leave the blog open to anyone who wants to post something, but there will be some moderating, so please submit stuff to knickknackeryfriends@gmail.com. Our highest hopes are that all our friends will tell all their friends, and then we'll get posts from all over the place!

Anyway, I think it will be fun, and I've even posted something. I'm very nervous about it, because before posting it freely on the Internet, I've let about four people read it. But click here, and you'll all get to read something I've written and kept hidden from the world for a couple years. Please feel free to comment on it and send something in if you want!

3 comments:

Katey said...

What a fun little idea! As we both know I have horrible writing skills so I mostly likely won't contribute but I do think that I will check it out and read things sometimes.

Bonny said...

I read your post and I like it. I have spurts of creative writing genius but I can never time when they are going to come. Maybe I'll post sometime....maybe not.

Tennant Family said...

It's not there anymore... :(