Tuesday, May 12, 2009

my veins don't like appendicitis

I know, I didn't want to write much more about this kinda stuff, but really, that's all I've got going right now, and I also have more time to do blog posts, so here's a little somethin'.

So today, I was stuck 13 times in my left arm. My veins didn't seem to want to take a needle. I think they have retreated because they know they're going to have to stay open for extended periods of time if they can get an IV in me. The reason for all the sticking was partially for blood work, but mostly because the IV in my right hand stopped working. When the vein wouldn't take anymore, my hand got a bunch of the IV liquids, and got puffy. Check it out. (I hope you can tell from the picture.)


See how big it gets after the fingers?? My hand doesn't usually puff up like that... the hand part is usually level with the fingers... If you can't tell from that one, here is a picture of my hands side by side.


Crazy, huh? Just call me Popeye hand. (if this isn't that interesting, I'm sorry... I may or may not have had 2 percocet before writing this post.)

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry your still stuck in the hospital...what crummpy luck for you and Haley. I had to do the hand check after the pictures of yours...and yes your hand should not look like that. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Holly O. said...

Aren't you glad you have your lappy at the hospital?

Hayley said...

i miss your bloaty hand tonight.

Katey said...

Oh no that is never a good sign...hope that got fixed right away!!! Sorry I couldn't come visit tonight. :(

tiburon said...

Eek! That looks like it sucks.

Tori said...

I think it looks like your wearing a surgical glove with air in it. You know how you blow them up to keep the kids entertained... Sorry about all your fun adventures. I can sympathize. Take it easy.